Flight Instructor Refresher Course (FIRC)—Online
renew your CFI completely online ... quickly & easily!
More Relevant and Interesting Learning
This FIRC moves away from reviewing the same topics that flight instructors learned as Private Pilots, and instead focuses on giving you tools to help pilots to be more ready to be Pilot-In-Command. You'll gain more insight on subjects such as identifying at-risk behaviors (and what you should do about them), coaching pilots to avoid deviations, and conducting a meaningful flight review—things that will make you reflect on your role as a flight instructor. We think you'll find this FIRC to be a breath of fresh air.
You're in Control
You may take the lessons in any order you choose. Once you comprehend all the material in a lesson, you will be ready to take the lesson test and confirm your learning. Once you pass, start studying the next lesson of your choice immediately.
Renew Online Without Leaving Home
This FIRC is the first to incorporate a paperwork-free, completely online, renewal process. You will be able to complete the renewal requirements at your computer and you will receive your temporary certificate by email.
You may have noticed that the FIRC options for flight instructors have not changed much in recent years. Well, you now have the opportunity to try something new. You´ll meet your certificate renewal requirements just like with any other FIRC, but the KING course will make you thoughtful about what you can do as a flight instructor to make general aviation pilots safer.
You will delve into areas that will be interesting, relevant, and sometimes provocative. You will find this new approach truly refreshing, and we are certain you will find our alternative to be engaging, educational and fun.
Access the Course from Anywhere
From your computer, iPad, or other mobile device, all you need to complete your FIRC is an Internet connection and a Web browser.
How it Works...
To successfully complete this course you must, for every lesson in the course...
- Complete the pre-lesson assessment quiz
- Study all of the lesson content, and
- Pass the end-of-lesson test
Save Time and Money on Your Renewal
Other courses require you to notarize documents and to send in information using certified mail. This can add significantly to the overall cost of your FIRC course. Since the KING FIRC uses the FAA's online IACRA system to process your certificate, all this is avoided. There is nothing to send in, allowing for a quick, easy, and inexpensive renewal process.
When You Complete the Course...
...you can instantly print out your...
- TSA Training Certificate
- Completion Certificate, and also a
- Graduation Certificate, if you are taking this course to renew your flight instructor certificate
- Temporary CFI certificate—emailed to you when your renewal processing is complete
If you purchase your FIRC with the Certificate Renewal Service, you will be able to...
- Fill out an online 8710 form using the FAA´s IACRA online program
- Supply us with your Flight Tracking Number (FTN)
- After we process your application, we will issue you a downloadable and printable temporary certificate.
Click for details
- Identifying and Changing At-Risk Behaviors
- Scenario-Based Training
- Coaching Pilots to Avoid Deviations
- Simplifying Airspace
- Making Airworthiness Easy to Understand
- Teaching Icing Survival
- Conducting a Meaningful Flight Review
- Preparing Your Applicant for the Practical Test
- The Benefits of IACRA and the FAAST Program
- Things You Need to Know About TSA